We are looking for a Senior SQL DBA who has experience in combining multiple database instances and can provide recommendations on server Virtual machines which can provide optimal performance.
- Provides guidance and advises the client on best practices for multiple SQL Server production and/or non-production databases of significant and/or strategic impact across the enterprise.
- Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access, and security administration.
- Primary responsibility is looking at current SQL server performance and to create and migrate to new instances of SQL Server with optimal performance.
Location: This job is fully remote eligible within the United States/Canada/India. This will be a part time or short-term consulting opportunity.
Skill Requirements & Experience:
- Optimizes SQL database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
- Experience working in SQL Server Enterprise versions. SQL Server 2016 and above.
- Performs configuration, scripting, analysis, installation, monitoring, administration and tuning for database management systems.
- Develops, implements and tests database backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Experience with working in Azure environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL best practices
- Proficient in SQL server database management such as (Creating, administering, managing and tuning SQL Server Instances, etc.)
- Experience with Disaster Recovery Plan implementation and High-Availability methods (including Clustering, Replication, Log Shipping, Always On availability groups and Mirroring)
- Experience with performance issue troubleshooting/tuning
- Experience/knowledge of backup/restore of large databases (terabytes)