Office 365 is getting ahead of G Suite
Microsoft and Google are in a tight sumo battle of domination in business with suites of cloud-based productivity software and services. Google’s G Suite includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Keep, Hangouts, and other Google apps that you probably already use and love. Microsoft’s Office 365 suite includes Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, Skype, and other Microsoft apps.
Both Microsoft and Google promote themselves as a one-stop shop for business productivity software. Their respective subscription offerings, Office 365 and G Suite, tick all the top-level boxes on a small or medium business needs regarding IT communications and productivity checklist.
Pitch for Cloud based Productivity Software
- Need for Business email and shared calendaring services attached to custom domains
- Necessitating Online storage, with shared space for collaboration and a large allotment of personal storage space for each user account
- Ease of the use of productivity apps for creating and collaborating on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Need for Corporate communication tools, including messaging, online meetings, and video conferencing
- Looking for a management interface, with advanced features such as compliance and archiving for enterprise customers as well as security features including two-factor authentication
- Overall a expecting a robust, highly reliable cloud infrastructure with data centers worldwide.
Microsoft and Google are the two companies that dominate business who has the bulk of the market for enterprise productivity software market with a far trailing list of competitors like Zoho Workplace, Salesforce, SAP etc.,
A Deep Dig on the Product Showcasing
Microsoft Climbs Ahead with Office 365 Suite Cloud-based services
- Exchange Online email hosting with a maximum inbox size of 50 or 100GB
- Web-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- A minimum of 1TB of OneDrive for Business file storage per user
- SharePoint Online team sites
- HD video conferencing
- Online meetings (Skype Meeting Broadcast or Microsoft Teams live events)
- Secure messaging and collaboration (Microsoft Teams)
- Security and administrative controls
- Business plans include basic customer relation software (Outlook Customer Manager), as well as Microsoft Invoicing, Microsoft Bookings, and MileIQ software
- Office 365 Suite has three plans aimed at small businesses (Business Essentials, Business, and Business Premium); four Enterprise plans for larger organizations transitioning away from per-machine licensing and on-premises servers; and as a part of Microsoft 365 Business and Enterprise plans
- Monthly per-user prices for Office 365 suite plans range from $4 onwards per user per month
- Office 365 Suite plans for educational institutions, US government agencies, and nonprofit organizations, as well as a stripped-down F1 plan for “first line workers.”
Google Plans Big with G Suite plans Cloud-based Services
- Gmail for Business
- Video and voice conferencing (Hangouts Meet)
- Secure messaging (Hangouts Chat)
- Shared calendars
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- At least 30GB of cloud file storage (Google Drive)
- Security and administrative controls
- Google G Suite has three G Suite plans: Basic ($6 per user per month), Business ($12 per user per month), and Enterprise ($29 per user per month)
Cloud Business Productivity Suites with Marked Difference in Approach
Cloud Centric But..
Of all the projected parities in features, Office 365 Suite and G Suite take distinctly different approaches in terms of cloud architecture and app design. Microsoft’s approach stands on the pedestals of well run-machine of the Office franchise and the supporting desktop apps. This is supported by well-oiled support services like Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online etc., offering a well-marked road for businesses to migrate their IT needs to the cloud. Employees can work in their familiar Office desktop programs like Outlook, Word, and Excel with the new cloud options for business growth. On the other hand, Google looks for a browser-centric based on Chrome. The web-based tools are like some of Office 365 suite like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets but a lot the more different in attitude approach in running the business on the cloud. Office 365 is worth than G Suite counterparts because of the inclusion of Office desktop apps.
Productivity apps for Better Business Outcomes
Google’s flagship productivity apps are designed to work exclusively in a browser or in one of its mobile apps. By contrast, the most popular Office 365 plans include the latest release of the Office desktop applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) on Windows PCs and Macs, in addition to increasingly full-featured web versions of those core apps. Availability of those Office desktop apps is the salient feature for the business ecosystem.
Cloud Storage- A vital Support for Business
OneDrive for Business shares the same sync support as its Google counterpart, which has matured into a stable consumer component well integrated with both Office 365 and Windows, Macs, and on mobile devices. By default, every OneDrive for Business user gets 1TB of personal cloud file storage. For all business account types, the organization gets 1TB (plus 10GB per user) of SharePoint storage. On the flip side, Google Drive storage allocations are shared with Gmail which is 30GB. Administrators can control offline access using device policies and can dictate whether users can sync Drive files to computers or mobile devices.
Overall key to success lies in leveraging the power of a cloud-based, all-in-one business management solution, SIROCo stands for its clients in upgradation from their entry-level accounting software or legacy ERP system to one single, comprehensive solution like Microsoft Office 365 Suite Cloud-based services to manage finances, operations, sales and customer service. To find out more about the benefits of Microsoft Office 365 Suite Cloud-based services, contact us today. We can help your business to run more smoothly and more profitably.