Dynamics GP – Payables Reconcile to GL is showing a variance while the PM HATB matches the GL TB
The reconcile to GL utility in Dynamics GP provides a very effective tool to match the sub-ledger with the general ledger module for the Bank, Inventory, AP and AR.
As known, there are primarily three parts of the reconcile to GL report which details the following:
- Matched Transactions
- UnMatched Transactions
- Potentially Matched Transactions
|UnMatched AP Transaction|
The very first step was to look for this journal number specifically on the general journal inquiry in order to check its source, which seems correct.
- The GL journal is correct and it results from the original AP document
- The AP document on the sub-ledger has been correctly posted and it exists in AP tables without any issues.
- When printing the HATB for the vendors, the total values matches the total value of all AP GL accounts
- Reconcile to GL for the AP is showing a difference
The resolution was to manually populate the distribution table for that transaction, and then when printing the Reconcile to GL, the difference was gone and it shows zero variance.
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi